LifeTime Smiles of OC - Covid-19 Protocol Update
Infection control has always been and will continue to be a top priority for our practice as I’m sure you have noticed during your visits here at LifeTime Smiles of OC. We want to update you on our infection control standards that we follow in our practice to keep patients and our team safe.
Our office follows the infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We closely follow these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
Due to Covid-19 and more recently the Omicron variant, here are some new expectations to anticipate for your upcoming visits:
- The day of your appointment you will receive a Covid-19 questionnaire with standard screening questions. We ask that you please fill this out honestly and accurately to ensure the safety of our patients and team here at LifeTime Smiles of OC. (Please see the questionnaire attached)
- We ask that you arrive at your appointment on time, and please text or call us so that we can anticipate your arrival and seat you as soon as possible. If there is a short wait, please socially distance yourself from any other patients. .
- No touch temperature screenings will be done for all patients prior to receiving treatment.
- Face coverings are required for all patients who enter the office.
- We have multiple hand sanitizer stations that we advise all of our patients to use upon entering the office.
- The coffee bar in our waiting room is closed, magazines have been removed and the chairs have been reorganized to promote social distancing.
Additional improvements include:
- Every 30 minutes all common surfaces including door knobs and countertops will be disinfected.
- Air purifiers are now in the waiting room, as well as in every treatment room.
- High volume evacuation (HVE) is being used in every treatment room to decrease aerosols.
- Appointments will be arranged to allow for social distancing between patients. This will affect your appointment options.
- We are reserving more time in between patients to reduce waiting times, and limit social interactions.
- You will notice our staff is wearing increased Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
We look forward to seeing you and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the additional steps we are taking to keep you and every patient safe at LifeTime Smiles of OC.
Thank you for being understanding and flexible as we continue to adjust to this “new normal.” We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to seeing our patients, neighbors and friends!
Dr. Abraham, Dr. Shawn, Dr. Alassy and Team